Beautiful Saas-Fee is a car-free village which means that when arriving you have to leave your car outside the village. This is no problem at all, as there is ample parking available.
Even though you may be a bit uncomfortable leaving your car unattended for a longer period of time, I can assure you that your car will be absolutely safe in one of the dedicated parking areas. Car theft is very rare in Switzerland and there are lots cameras in and around the parking areas.
Table of Contents
Useful tips for parking in Saas Fee
- If you have a lot of luggage with you unload your luggage from your car before you enter the car park OR check first if there are any trolleys available. Both save you lots of effort.
- If you have booked accommodation, you can ask for a SaastalCard/GuestCard. This will give you a discount on the car parks as of day 2. You can scan the QR-code on the card at the machine and benefit from that discount.
- Do you want to take a day trip out of Saas-Fee with your car? Just pay for the entire duration of your stay and you can exit and enter the car park as many times as you want.
- If the car park is full – the sign says “Besetzt“
- If the car park is not full – it will be either “Frei” or have a number on it
How do I get to my accommodation from the car park?
- Hotel: After you‘ve parked your car, you can use one of the free telephones to notify your hotel. They will pick you up with their free E-taxi-service.
- Holiday homes/apartments: check with the owner of the property whether they offer a free pick-up service or whether you have to make your own way to the accommodation. Some properties have free handcarts to transport your luggage. Alternatively, you can use a trolley with a deposit at the tourist office.
Saas-Fee Parking Areas – Covered & Uncovered
There are two big parking areas: one covered and one uncovered.
- Location: both parking areas are located at the entrance of the village
- Google Maps: Click here
- Parking Type: Short- & Long-Term Parking
- Opening Times: 24/7
- Number of Spaces: 1400 (covered), 900 (uncovered)
- Accessibility: both have several parking spots for people with disabilities
- EV-charging: several EV-charging Spots available
- People do get asked to move their car as soon as the car is charged, as spots are still limited
- An extra parking fee of 6 CHF is charged after 12hrs of occupancy
- Prices: same prices for both parking areas
|Up to 30 mins||Free of charge|
|Up to 1 hr||2|
|Up to 2 hrs||3|
|Up to 3 hrs||4|
|Up to 4 hrs||5|
|Up to 5 hrs||8|
|Up to 6 hrs||11|
Other Options in the Saas-Valley
If you are staying outside of Saas-Fee or going on a day trip into the Saas-Valley, there are several other options to park your car.
- Public parking spots in different areas
- Zones with white lines – parking fees via local paying machine).
- Zones with blue lines – are locals only, unless you have a special permit (sometimes provided to you by the owner of your accommodation)
- Bergbahnparkplatz: Parking near the cable car
|> 7 hrs||12|
|1 day (24hrs)||12|
Car park: click here (5 CHF/day)
Car park: click here