Yes, you can use Euros in major stores, train stations and shops and restaurants in touristy areas of Switzerland. However, keep in mind, that the Swiss Franc is the currency of Switzerland, not the Euro.
Where Can You Use Euros In Switzerland?
You can often use Euros in Switzerland in:
- Big shops and departments stores
- Major cities and tourist towns
- Big museums and attractions.
Just be aware that it is not a great idea to use Euros in Switzerland because there are a few downsides.
Downsides Of Using Euros In Switzerland
Before you use your Euros in Switzerland consider the downsides:
- You will be given change in Swiss Francs
- They will use a very unfavorable exchange rate (so you will lose money)
What To Do Instead Of Using Euros In Switzerland
Instead of using Euros in Switzerland, I would do any or all of the following instead:
- Use your credit card to make all your purchases and payments (it is rare they are not accepted, except Amex)
- Get some Swiss Francs cash from an ATM with your home debit card or worst case, credit card (often less favorable)
- Get yourself an account and credit card from Wise.com which has the best rates including free cash withdrawals from ATMs (I use them all the time when I travel).