Wondering if your Swiss Travel Pass covers everything on a trip to the top of Mount Rigi?
You are in luck!
The Swiss Travel Pass covers all transport from Lucerne to the top of Mount Rigi including:
- Public boats from Lucerne to Vitznau, Weggis or Kusnacht
- Cable cars or Cogwheel railway to the top of Mount Rigi
- Any buses in the region are also covered
Routes To Rigi Kulm
Here are some of the best routes to the top of Mt Rigi, also known as Rigi Kulm:
Lucerne – Vitznau – Rigi Kulm
- Catch a boat from the main piers opposite Lucerne Train Station to Vitznau and enjoy the stunning scenery on a Lake Lucerne Cruise.
- Ride the historic and steep cogwheel railway from Vitznau to the top of Mount Rigi
- Enjoy the 360 degree views from the top of Rigi
Lucerne – Weggis- Rigi Kulm
- Catch a boat from Lucerne Pier to Weggis and enjoy the scenery on the way
- Ride the faster gondola to Rigi Kaltbad and have some lunch or enjoy the spa there
- Walk to the top of Rigi Kulm or continue with the cogwheel railway to the top
There are so many different ways to the top of Rigi from train and gondola to walks from the bottom or just part way up. You can also come up from the Kussnacht end of the mountain or from over the back at ArthGoldau, where there are more transport options.